For most of my life my feet have taken a lot of abuse and brought me pain, discomfort and weariness. If you've never had foot problems, you won't be able to comprehend how happy I am that today I finally went to a podiatrist and I'm going to have orthotics made for my shoes. You ever wonder why I wear Birkenstocks most of the time? Cause they're the only shoe that's halfway comfortable for me. Now I will be comfortable, or at least much more so, in any shoe I wear. I realize this may not be of general interest to you readers, but let me tell you, when your feet ain't happy, ain't nothin' happy! So this lady is very excited and wondering why I waited so long. Of course the main reason was insurance. It still won't pay for the orthotics, but will cover the office calls, x-rays, etc.
That's another reason why it is absolutely unconscionable that so many millions of people, in the richest country in the world, have either inadequate insurance or none at all. All of us who have happily and gratefully received Social Security and Medicare (socialism?) all these years, why are we suddenly concerned about "redistribution of wealth"? I guess because we don't believe we're responsible for anyone but ourselves. So, I got mine. The heck with everyone else. If they'd been as smart as I was, they'd be covered, too. Hmmm. Doesn't compute in today's world, especially since the immorality in the financial and corporate worlds seems to be taking us all down together. Maybe caring will be one of the positive results. I hope so.
Meanwhile, I'm dancing on happy feet and marveling at the beauty of this fall day. I just noticed: the lake at the top looks like my right foot!
May you be blessed in countless ways! Are you getting tired of "breathe, listen, look, laugh, and love"? It does seem like good advice to/for me. :)
I love how insurance for all is "socialism" but fire, police, library...well, that's a necessity..neigh a RIGHT that we deserve.
ReplyDeleteWe don't like to see socialism unless it's something NEW to add to our family budget (since we already pay for all of the above services, we seem to forget that they are there).