Monday, October 13, 2008

Laugh till it hurts

Good morning! And another beautiful day it is. I'm trying to focus on that sort of thing these days, not always successfully. It is a dark and deeply unsettling time, as you well know. How to live through it? I got to thinking about the words I put at the end of every post. I don't know where they came from. Well, I do, but you might not believe that. This morning I decided to talk about one of them--laughter.

I just read William Kristol's column in the NYTimes (see, I don't just read liberal stuff) and he suggests John McCain ditch his present campaign and return to his nature, a serious but cheerful guy. There is great power in humor, of course. Look how the late night TV hosts use it to help form public opinion.

Thus when I sense anxiety washing over me, I'm going to find something to laugh about--something decent, not cruel. Physically it will strengthen my body; mentally it will clear my head; and spiritually it will help refill my soul with faith, hope and love. It's not a cop out. It's an act of defiance and trust.

Now all I need it to find something to laugh about!

So--breathe, listen, look, laugh and love!

1 comment:

  1. This web blog has caused me to laugh till it hurts many times. The author features commercially-made cakes that have gone wrong. You can read back through the archives, and I'm sure you'll find some really funny ones.
    http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave comments