Saturday, November 21, 2009


I have to admit I have nothing to write about today. Therefore, this should end my post, right? Well, having nothing to say never stopped me before! I get frustrated with other bloggers who don't post very often. I even get tired of seeing the same thing day after day on my own blog .

So what's on my mind? Well, more than anything, THE BOOK (and I don't mean The Bible)! It is on my mind, my heart, my body, my spirit. It's "dwelling" in and with me, like the dwelling concept of the book. Thus, almost everything I experience, observe, or sense gets analyzed for it's usability in THE BOOK. I'm already tired of it and I'm only just beginning. However, after timidly sending my less-than-polished outline to my editor and receiving reassurance and encouragement in return, courage and determination seem to be restored. She actually thinks I've got something worth saying. Since putting the inner voice I call "the Spoiler" in her place rather soundly the other night, there seems room for hope. Precious friends are offering regular reminders that I can do this. So, as the saying goes, I'm standing at the edge and trying to trust that when I step off there will either be something there to hold me up or I will be taught to fly.

As we move inexorably into the season of darkness, cold, hunkering down, as well as giving thanks, celebrating Life and Light, and remembering who and Whose we are, I pray that each of us be freed and empowered to be and do what we truly are capable of, to the glory of God and the benefit of all the world. And that's the end of my not having anything to write about today!

1 comment:

  1. I keep meaning to tell you, I really LOVE the photo (currently at the top of the blog) with the water and pine trees. It just "screams" Northern Michigan. Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave comments