Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgivings


Here are a few of mine:

For a mind and body that work pretty well, I give thanks.
For medication which will help my brain chemistry stay in better balance, I give thanks.
For the creative gifts given me by a loving God, I give thanks.
For an intelligent, creative, and compassionate daughter, I give thanks.
For family members, far and near, and for the dear ones who are on the "other side", I give thanks.
For the critters who tolerate spending their lives sharing my home, I give thanks.
For all the children who grace my life, I give thanks.
For all the women and men who love me enough to stay connected and caring, I give thanks.
For the many men and women with whom I've been privileged to share spiritual life, I give thanks.
For the home that protects me, the church that sustains me, the city and state full of beauty and possibility, I give thanks.
For the country that struggles to keep an ideal alive, I give thanks.
For the love I have given and received and for all the love which lies ahead, I give thanks.
For the hope of the future, and legacy of the past, and the joy of the present, I give thanks.

Those are just a few, but they speak of a rich and rewarding life, not without it's sorrows, but also awash in blessing. May you, too, find gratitude no matter what life sends your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments