
Who knows how long it will last, but this past week I have felt better than I have in a long time. The virus seems to have been at least pushed in the background, the aches and pains are significantly less, I'm sleeping less and best of all, I've had energy.
I am almost through weaning off an anti-depressant drug I've taken for several years. Wondered how it would feel to be off it and also wondered if it was even effective anymore. On Tuesday I will be done. I'm not adverse to taking something again if I need it, but it's rather exciting to see how I'll do. One of the conundrums I and others have about those kinds of drugs is whether we are still really "us" when we're on them. Well, I know I'm still me when I take high blood pressure medication or antacid pills. So, logically, the "brain drugs" shouldn't change us either, right? And yet it's difficult to fully accept that. So I will see how I am in a few weeks (or less) and then the Dr. and I will discuss whether I need a some more "help". Since depression and bi-polar disease ran in my mother's family, I have good reason to believe it's part of my genetic makeup, too. And I have seen friends move from near immobility to active, contributing lives through the use of psychotropic drugs. How fortunate we are to have them available! So we'll see what happens. In the meantime, I'm feeling energized and hopeful once again and I give God thanks!!
Don't forget to breathe!
Be careful, and be well! I'm happy for you.
ReplyDelete