
Thursday I fly to St. Louis for a wedding. Not just any old wedding, either. I've known the groom most of his life and his parents are very close friends. Not only that, the wedding is to take place in the Japanese Garden of the Missouri Botanical Gardens, one of the finest botanical gardens in the world. Not only that, but I'm "officiating" at the ceremony! The second wedding I've ever performed. And I have a very cool outfit. Not only that, but a dear friend from Minnesota is joining me there, so that promises to be lots of fun. Now all I have to do is prepare adequately. I do hate to leave my little dog, but I'm sure she'll be fine in the capable hands of my daughter and my niece. The cats could care less. :)
It's nice to have something to get excited about, as I've been sad much of the summer. And those whose blogs I enjoy reading haven't been writing much, so it feels a bit lonely. On the other hand, the internet doesn't really quench one's loneliness, as much as many of us try.
So it's time to really be present with flesh and blood people and focus on their joy, which just naturally will enhance my own. May you find enrichment in the warmth and beauty of this lovely summer!
How did the wedding go? :)
ReplyDelete