Sunday, November 9, 2008

It's another of those DRCS (dirty rotten church skipper) Sundays. Only this time my "reason" is legitimate. I'm recovering from a severe migraine-like headache. Gratefully, this one wasn't as bad as some, but interfered with my sleep and is still breaking through. I heard on the radio that those of us with migraine brains have more "excitable" brains or at least portions thereof. OK, you can stop laughing now! :) The uproar can be triggered by certain foods, drinks, stress, etc. I think the elaborate dinner I made last night is the culprit. But oh how I enjoyed it. Sometimes when I sit down alone to eat, I feel sorry for myself and very lonely. But not last night. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal, while listening to Garrison Keillor. It was almost worth the headache.

It's dark and gloomy, raining something that looks like rain/sleet/snow combination. But even the weather can't squelch my still delighted spirit. Sometimes I still can't believe we elected this fine man. How wonderful after the 8 years of Bush, the near-dictator, who may have had good reasons, but did too many bad things to justify the ends--lies, torture, sending thousands to their deaths, eaves-dropping, catering to the super-rich, neglecting our planets needs, etc. I don't hate the man, although I know many who do, but I am greatly relieved that he will no longer be at the helm.

From a spiritual point of view, I feel all of us must shower Barak Obama with prayer. I know many are fearful for his safety. I am, too, to some degree. But I am more concerned about the safety of his soul, as he is now in a position few people could tolerate for long.

A short grammer lesson (apropos of nothing): use apostrophe only for possesion, not plural.
If you write "the Obamas", you're talking about more than one Obama. If you write "the Obamas' house" you are talking about the house that belongs to them. If you write "Obama's house", you mean it belongs to one Obama. Get it? I see apostrophes misused by very intelligent people, of which I'm sure you, dear reader, are one. For the sake of my dear mother's memory, please learn how to use it correctly. :)

Breathe deeply. Listen, look, laugh and love. Oh--and pray!

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear Carol:

    I am most likely one of the people using the apostrophe incorrectly.Funny, I was thinking about this recently as I tried to remember the rules. You are free to correct my errors (hmm...now what do I do?)In fact you will be doing me a favour.

    Continue to enjoy your blog. We all are. Hugs, Trudy

    ReplyDelete

Leave comments