Saturday, November 22, 2008

Well, get ready for PICTURES



Readers, today is a very special day for me and my daughter. We received the DVD of Norris's slide notebooks--all 6,700+ slides--on ONE DVD, can you imagine? The "scan-man" did a fine job; I already have the DVD downloaded onto my hard-drive; and I've gone through all of the photos twice! Now that they're on the hard-drive, I can use photo editing software to work with them when necessary. Some of the pictures are quite old and have faded, but there are SO MANY to choose from, I don't think we'll ever need to use those. So I'll probably be putting photos on the blog more often now.

Going through those pictures was like having a visit with him. I was almost overwhelmed with emotions--and memories. As we enter into this week of Thanksgiving, I am deeply grateful--for the people who did this for us, for the friends and "fans" of Norris who will rejoice in seeing these, and most of all, for the talented and delightful man who created them.

"This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it."

1 comment:

Leave comments