
Today marks my parents' 77th wedding anniversary. Weren't they cute?
I miss you, Marguerite and Earl.
Since I last wrote, I attended my 50th high school class reunion in Elk Rapids. I hadn't been to one since '95. It was a real joy. Of the original 39 in our class, with 5 already in heaven, there were 25 in attendance, plus lots of spouses.
I noticed that any "need" to prove something to one another seems to be gone. And I noticed a true mixing, people not limiting themselves to the ones they always knew best. Sometimes I wish I could move back home.
Soon I will participate with my only sister in her 50th wedding anniversary celebration. Many family members will be together, a rarity anymore. It should be a most joyful time!
The years pass by, both slowly and rapidly. Time really has so little meaning--much less than we think. The seasons circle round and round; the earth circles round and round; life circles round and round.
And Jesus says, "Be not afraid." No matter how dire things seem for our planet, somehow I trust all shall be well.
Yes, it's a pity it takes us so long to reach the stage in life where we don't need to prove ourselves anymore. Great photo! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a safe trip.
I took one look at the picture and thought I was looking at my Dad. Wow! I showed the picture to my parents. Dad immediately recognized them both.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny... For the last couple of months, I've been thinking how nice it was that I have finally reached the age where I don't need to prove anything to other people. Maybe now is not the time to feel that way, especially because I need to find a job soon. However, it is a really nice feeling!
Diane