Tomorrow evening I will attend a banquet as one of 10 finalists in the Greater Lansing Woman of the Year event, sponsored by the Lansing State Journal's GLWoman magazine. It will be quite an evening, I'm sure. My daughter, plus eight good friends, are coming to support me. I have pondered how I feel about this honor: embarrassed, unworthy, grateful, humble, excited, among other feelings. Whenever something momentous happens in my life, there is always the accompanying sadness that Norris is not here to share it. In this case, he would be particularly proud and pleased. I hope his spirit is aware of it. So much of who I am and what I have contributed to the community is because of his love and encouragement. So thank you, Norris, yet again. And I hope I will be able to conduct myself in a gracious and humble manner that would please God and you. So much to give thanks for; so much to wonder about; so much mystery; so much love!
Congratulations on your nomination, Carol. You deserve to have this spotlight. I hope you have an enjoyable evening, whatever the outcome.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Enjoy your special honor and savor the moment!
ReplyDelete