Welcome to "Prayer, Play and Politics"! Other words come to mind: paradox, pontificate, percolate, pet peeves, punctuation, purpose...I expect this blog to contain examples of all of the above and more. Since this is my first posting, I can't say where it will go, but I hope a few folks will check it out from time to time and give me some feedback. I'm happy for you to share it with others in your life as you see fit.
Having been involved in matters of the Spirit for most of my life, though not always "within the box", I've decided to share some of the thoughts, perhaps wisdom, of my 65 years, as befits a modern-day crone!
I've learned a lot from animals, including the three who currently share my home: Tessa, the little dog; Nellie, the sleek black cat, and Willie, a young, large tiger cat and the only male in the house. Nellie preceded the other two and has had to adjust. She and Willie, who used to compete and fight, are now allies in the struggle for use of my home, against an 11# dog, who in 3 months of residence, has kept both cats in the basement most of the time. The cats have claws; they are larger than she is; and there are two of them. Still, when Tessa lunges ferociously to the head of the stairs, they run for dear life.
Sometimes we are afraid of people and things which, in fact, have very little power over us. Only in our heads do they loom large--that person who might break into the house or rape you in the night or act in some manner you see as inappropriate or get some of your share of the goodies. The fear of those persons (or groups, or religions, or government systems) is often an illusion, which we perpetuate by our decisions, attitudes, life style, or loud barking. Funny thing! Tessa doesn't have the claws!
Until next time, thanks for reading. Breathe, listen, look, participate and love!
Welcome to the blogging world! I can't wait to read what you have to say!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, my dear friend for your blog! I will be a frequent visitor there. I am sure you'll continue to shed some light to many lives and souls through this blog. I am eager to see and read your next post. Have a peaceful night!
ReplyDelete