"God is our refuge and strength; a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1
I love the Book of Psalms, found right in the middle of the Holy Bible. Within it's 150 "songs" are reflected all the hopes, fears, longings, and emotions of humanity. They were old when Jesus of Nazareth walked the earth. Yet they never cease to be contemporary, applicable to whatever state we find ourselves in. (My English teacher mother wouldn't approve of ending a sentence with a preposition. Sorry, Mom!)
As a hospital chaplain for many years, I often suggested a particular Psalm as something that might be helpful, perhaps reciting a couple of verses or reading one aloud. The Hebrew people had no fear of expressing anguish, anger, frustration, disappointment to God. They seemed to know that God understands it all and welcomes honest and intimate communication. There are also beautiful Psalms that extol the wonders of creation, giving praise and thanksgiving to the One who's behind and within it all.
In these days of such tension and uncertainty, I commend that book to you, regardless of your particular religious inclinations. Some of my favorites include numbers 8, 13, 19, 27, 34,62, 63-- well, you can see I like lots of them. I am grateful for these ancient expressions of human nature and faith in the One who is All in All.
Many blessings to you this day! Remember to breathe, listen, look, laugh and love!