Saturday, December 1, 2012

     Ghost Ranch says I have a blog.  Spiritual Directors Network says I have a blog.  My email signature includes my blog address.  Yikes, I thought!  Maybe I should post something on my blog.  After all, even though the title of the last post was "Time is Irrelevant", it *has* been almost a year.  

     Can that be true?  Have I had nothing worth saying for almost a year?  Nah!  I've said lots--on Facebook, in person, in emails, in gatherings.  Anyone who knows me would not describe me at "speechless"I wonder if writing blogs has dwindled somewhat as more and more means for social interaction on the internet become available.  In my case,I have to say it's been sheer laziness.  At least twice a week I have THE most insightful, inspiring idea to share with the world.  And then, nada.  I do nothing about it.  So now you've heard my confession and I'm trusting you've granted me absolution and we can move on together.


     Tomorrow is the first day of Advent, the time when Christians around the world reflect on the people, the actions, the challenges that led up to the birth of Jesus, the Christ.  We're asked to search our own hearts, prepare a way for our God, walk with Mary as she lives out the consequences of saying "yes".  I know there are countless stimulants out there to distract us. AND, I believe we don't need to let that be an excuse to avoid once again returning to Bethlehem
.

     Here is my favorite Advent poem, by Madeleine L'Engle, one of the greatest writers of our time.


This is the irrational season
When love blooms bright and wild
Had Mary been filled with reason
There'd have been no room for the child



Don't forget to breathe, laugh, love!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's one of my favorite Advent poems also!
    We had dinner tonight by the light of one candle in the Advent wreath. Makes me really SEE the darkness that makes the light so precious.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comments