Friday, December 24, 2010

O Holy Night!


All week I've been thinking I should write something deeply inspiring and profound in this space. And all week the profundity has not even entered the room, let alone my spirit. It is Christmas Eve, the 67th one in my short life. It is cloudy here with a little snow on the ground. Not picture postcard like, but not that bad either--no storm, milder temps.

Jesus is being born once more in hearts all over the world. It has it's good points, at least when we haven't skewed things and thus caused pain instead of peace. And though I don't feel a bunch of outer "happy-happy", I do feel the deep inner "knowing" that the Christ, that One most transcendent and most intimately within, WAS, IS and WILL BE. And that is enough.

May we all experience moments of that deep knowing and receive the Gift that God so longs to give our searching hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments