Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Life


This year Easter in Michigan was the way Easter ought to be--mild weather, greening grass, flowering bushes and trees, sunshine, soft breezes, daffodils abloom. As sad as I was during Holy Week, the Mystery of New Life touched me on Easter Sunday and has remained all week. How does that happen, I always wonder? In one sense, I know. But still, just like the emergence of new life each spring, I am amazed, awed, surprised by Grace.

In the midst of writing this, I took Tessa out and chatted with the young couple next door and their sweet kids about their trip to a Tigers game today. The Tigers generously won the game, too! Then, we did something we've put off since Tessa arrived nearly two years ago. We let our dogs meet. Tucker is a medium sized dog, pretty loud and rambunctious, but not mean. After an initial snapping and growling, they proceeded with the smelling of rear ends ritual, sending the children into gales of laughter. Loose in their fenced in yard, she and Tucker virtually ignored each other for about 10 minutes. So another barrier has been broken and for some reason it felt like part of Easter joy.

I spent most of yesterday at a workshop on website development. It was challenging and I came away realizing both how much I do know and mostly, how much I don't. My admiration for the brilliance of the minds that have created the internet was only increased. I'm going to start managing the website for Fenner Nature Center, which I will enjoy.

So what if some hard things have happened? I'm being gifted with remembering that there are always new opportunities and, if I'm willing to look and listen, beauty everywhere. I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments