Sunday, March 15, 2009

Another gorgeous day


Sometimes I feel sad about all the days I haven't been aware of the beauty around me. Probably more days than I'd like to know. No sense crying about it, though; there is now. And now, even in my flu-drenched misery, I do notice--the frost patterns on dead leaves, the low haze over the park, the sun side-lighting the budding tree branches, the light blue of the sky above, the liveliness of my little dog as she trots ahead, sniffing here and there, making her mark where she can. Now that the snow is gone, it's as though she's discovered her whole world anew and she can't sniff enough!!

Yesterday I had a very painful "attack", which turned out to be indigestion, but could have been a heart attack. I was very concerned; enough so, that I called my surrogate daughter who is a nurse practitioner, as well as my biological daughter, just in case I died in this process. Well, I didn't die, but it gave me pause. I spoke "kindly" to my Creator and thought maybe I'd get to see Norris again.

Well, she came over, checked my vitals, brought me something for my cough, and pronounced that I would probably live. Just having her TLC for a few minutes felt so wonderful. And then, to top it off, she took Tessa for a run, which they both enjoyed. A strange afternoon, but wonderful, too; loving, generous, and humbling. When my daughter returned my call, I was feeling pretty good again. I'm still staying home--8th day in a row--but last night I slept well and the cough is loosening and not so painful.

So maybe that's the reason I'm feeling joy and gratitude this morning. At my church they are having a healing service, something I support and really wanted to attend. Ironic, eh? Too sick for the healing service. But healing will take place--for me and all the others. And I will add my prayers to theirs--for all the individuals who suffer (who doesn't?), for our parish, the church universal, for devout people of every religion, for the leaders and followers in every country on earth, and for the earth herself. May all be healed! Amen.

2 comments:

  1. How scary! I'm glad your nurse-practioner friend was able to come by. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will, Bassgirl. You, too! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comments